President, Streamline Government Contracts, LLC M.S., MBA, CFCM
Ms. Karen Long has over 15 years of experience in government contracting, a B.S. in Education from the University of Connecticut (UConn), a M.S. in Management / Procurement and Contracts Management Track, and a MBA. both from University Maryland University College (UMUC), and a CFCM (Certified Federal Contracts Manager) Certificate. Karen has worked for various sized companies, establishing and administering contracts cradle to grave.
Karen’s accomplishments have included:
- Currently contributes to national accounting firm newsletter as a Federal Government Contractor SME;
- Worked with a law and an accounting firm to negotiate full settlement for “Contract Termination for the Convenience of the Government which accounted for 7% of the company’s revenue (2 ½ year process);
- Financially Managed $85M+ FFP +AF Contract with input from Project Manager and Director of Finance;
- Prepared STARS II FRP (Final Revised Proposal) with Joint Venture Partner (small business) that resulted in Contract Award;
- Calculated and participated in negotiations Equitable Adjustment with Government Agency (Agency did not meet minimum requirements);
- Assisted company with improving CPARs Rating;
- Acted as a Liaison between Accounting Department and Project Managers which resulted in more accurate monthly reporting;
- Assisted company with due diligence reviewing contracts during possible acquisition. Discovered and articulated some concerns.
In 2012, Karen founded Streamline Government Contracts, LLC to serve small and mid-size businesses. In 2019, Streamline was a Finalist for Loudoun County Chamber Virtual Business of the Year.
On behalf of Streamline, Karen has also been awarded:
- LimITless Award [Comm-Works/Fortran, LLC, (client) 2016]
- Certificate of Appreciation [JB Management Inc. (client) 2013]
Karen has been a member of the National Contract Management Association (NCMA) since 2008.
Karen is a Washington DC native and currently lives in Ashburn, VA. Her passion is to help small and mid-size GovCons with contract compliance and maximizing each contract. When Karen is not working with clients, she can be found spending time with friends and family, watching sports or walking/hiking.