President, Streamline Government Contracts M.S., M.B.A., CFCM
Ms. Karen Long has over 15 years of experience in government contracting, a B.S. in Education from the University of Connecticut (UConn), a M.S. in Management / Procurement and Contracts Management Track, and a M.B.A. both from University Maryland University College (UMUC), and a CFCM (Certified Federal Contracts Manager) Certificate. Ms. Long has worked for both small and mid-size companies, establishing and administering contracts cradle to grave. Her accomplishments have included:
- Currently contributes to national Accounting firm newsletter as a Federal Government Contractor SME
- Worked with a Law and an Accounting firm to negotiate full settlement for “Contract Termination for the Convenience of the Government which accounted for 7% of the company’s revenue (2 ½ year process)
- Financially Managed $80+ FFP +AF Contract with input from Project Manager and Director of Finance
- Prepared STARS II FRP (Final Revised Proposal) with Joint Venture Partner (small business) that resulted in Contract Award
- Calculated and participated in negotiations Equitable Adjustment with Government Agency (Agency did not meet minimum requirements).
- Initiated and Implemented Bi-Weekly Contract Meeting with all Departments which resulted in better execution
- Have assisted company with improved CPARs Rating
- Acted as a Liaison between Accounting Department and Project Managers which resulted in more accurate monthly reporting
- While Financial Controller, assisted company with improving Dun and Bradstreet rating.
- Assisted company with contracts due diligence during possible acquisition. Discovered and articulated some concerns.
Ms. Long has been a member of the National Contract Management Association (NCMA) since 2008.