President, Streamline Government Contracts, LLC M.S., MBA, CFCM
Ms. Karen Long has over 15 years of experience in government contracting, a B.S. in Education from the University of Connecticut (UConn), a M.S. in Management / Procurement and Contracts Management Track, and a MBA. both from University Maryland University College (UMUC), and a CFCM (Certified Federal Contracts Manager) Certificate. Ms. Long has worked for both small and mid-size companies, establishing and administering contracts cradle to grave. Her accomplishments have included:
- Currently contributes to national accounting firm newsletters as a Federal Government Contractor SME;
- Worked with a law and an accounting firm to negotiate full settlement for “Contract Termination for the Convenience of the Government" which accounted for 7% of the company’s revenue (2 ½ year process);
- Financially managed $85M + FFP +AF Contract with input from Project Manager and Director of Finance;
- Prepared STARS II FRP (Final Revised Proposal) with Joint Venture Partner (small business) that resulted in Contract Award;
- Calculated and participated in negotiations Equitable Adjustment with Government Agency - (Agency did not meet minimum requirements.);
- Initiated and implemented Bi-Weekly Contract Meeting with all departments which resulted in better execution;
- Assisted company with improving CPARs Rating;
- Acted as a liaison between Accounting Department and Project Managers which resulted in more accurate monthly reporting;
- While Financial Controller, assisted company with improving Dun and Bradstreet rating and
- Assisted company with due diligence reviewing contracts during possible acquisition. Discovered and articulated some concerns.
Ms. Long has been a member of the National Contract Management Association (NCMA) since 2008.